1. The Certificate Awarding Ceremony of 23rd Executive Sub Lieutenant technical course was held at the Admiral Wasantha Karannagoda Auditorium on 12th September 2022 with the gracious presence of the Commandant Naval and Maritime Academy as the Chief Guest. The course was commenced on 19th July 2021 with 36 Student Officer Under- Trainees (SOUTs) and terminated on successful completion.
2. During the 14 months at the Naval & Maritime Academy, all SOUTs were able to complete the all the academic subject modules. At the end of the course, 11 SOUTs of Cadet Entry are qualified to obtain the BSc in Naval and Maritime Studies from Kotelawala Defence University. During the course, SOUTs were exposed to absorb and weigh the theoretical aspects through practical training, simulator training at respective schools of NMA as well as other training establishments in Sri Lanka Navy and outside organizations as well.
3. The certificates were awarded by the Chief Guest to all SOUTs to mark the successful completion of the course. The book prizes were also awarded to the award winners those who performed exemplary during the training as follows;
i. First in order of merit – A/Lt DES Jayakodi, NRX 3950
ii. Highest Aggregate in overall subjects – A/Lt DES Jayakodi, NRX 3950
iii. Best Public speaker – A/Lt JADC Jayanayaka, NRZ 3952
iv. Best essay – A/Lt JTM Wickramarathna, NRX 3898
4. Addressing the august gathering, the CN&MA congratulated the SOUTs for achieving the milestone and urge the young officers to continue with the learning process and perform well in future. Further, he insisted the importance of grabbing the opportunity to sustain in naval career in an ever increasing competitive environment.
3. The Training Captain, the Commanding Officer – NMA, Officer Training Officer and other members of the faculty were also among the congregation.